Track and recover the time that employees owe the employer
Create a new Time-Off Bank called Excess Paid Time-Off:
1. Click Settings > Time-Off Banks.
2. Click New at the top of the page and on the right, type the name of your new Time-Off Bank.
3. Enter a default Time-Off plan if you wish. When you enter a new employee he/she will automatically be assigned this default Time-Off plan for this new Time-Off Bank and click Save . This does [not] apply to employees already in the database.
4. Close this screen and then, on the left, click Time-Off Banks. Once on the Time-Off Banks screen, you will be able to view the new Time-Off Bank you’ve created. If the new one is not visible, click the ‘X’ just under the Gradience logo in the upper-right. Click Time-Off Assignments and the new bank will be visible in the shaded column.
5. Assign a Time-Off plan called None to this new bank on the Time-Off Assignments screen for each employee. This will instruct the program to accrue zero Time-Off to this bank.
Designate an Absence Reason Code for Excess Paid Time-Off:
1. Click Settings > Absence Reason Codes.
2. When the popup opens, select an unused Absence code and fill-out its absence code description with: Excess Paid Time-Off.
3. Under Debit This Time-Off Bank, open the drop-down menu and select Excess Paid Time-Off Bank which you just created. Below is an example on how the absence code will look like after following the isntructions:
4. Click Save and Close.
Apply the new code to a date when the employee takes Excess Paid Time-Off:
When you first put the code on a date under Calendar, it starts off being worth a whole day. When an employee takes only a portion of a day off, right-click on the date where you’ve applied the code and select Absence Detail.
Now enter the actual amount of hours it is worth.
--NOTE-- Time is indicated in decimals not hours and minutes so if the code should be worth an hour and 15 minutes, you would enter 1.25 hours rather than 1:15. After entering the time, click OK. Because your starting point is ZERO, the amount indicated will be shown as a negative number, highlighted in yellow.
Recovering the Excess Paid Time-Off that is owed to an employer:
Whenever an employee works off so-called Excess Paid Time-Off, which presumably would be on an erratic basis; you would manually enter the amount of time ‘worked’ into the new category via the Transactions screen.
1. Click Transactions > Excess Paid Time-Off. (This tab won't exist until you create the new bank.)
2. Cliick New at the top and then, click Yes to the message that pops up.
3. Enter the date and the Transactions Type. Select Positive Adjustment.
4. Enter the amount being granted in hours even if you display time in Days on the Calendar screen.
EXAMPLE: the employee worked an entire day and the program knows that this employee works an 8 hr day (as entered on the Employee Detail screen); you will have to enter 8 hours. If the employee worked 15 minutes, you will have to enter 0.25 hours. Then click the large field at the bottom of the popup to enter a reason for the transaction and then click Save.
Later to see the reason for this transaction, Click Transactions, scroll to this date, click Edit > Yes and this same pop-up will open indicating the reason for this transaction. If the transaction was entered in error, click the transaction, click Delete.